Sunday 6 July 2008

Fear Factor

"My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer," the boy confides to the alchemist one night as they look up at a moonless night. "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself," the alchemist replies.

Isn't it true that we stop following our heart\dreams just because of this fear of failure and its sufferings. We often fail to realize the strength and confidence that we gain when we follow our dreams, irrespective of whether we achieve it or not. I think Barathiyar's Acham Thavir (Puthiya Aathi Soodi) is not a mere verse just to pass our grades in school. I guess it is a verse for the life.

Not alone our dreams, Fear stops us from being righteous, stops us taking right decisions at cross roads. Unless we Kick off this Fear, It is going to imprison us and create our destiny. If not we, then expect none to stand for us.

2 comments:

Goli said...

I love this line for alchemist, even though I never liked the book much. Somehow it seemed way to abstract.

If you get time, to read, "Veronica decides to die" by the same author, it is one of my personal favorites.

Cheers.

Unknown said...

Sure.. I will queue it in my next to read list..

Thanks for your suggestion :)